Campus Location Map
1 2025-07-17T16:51:28+00:00 Julia Teran 9aca9c408841ff28b321d7128a1e5c918a151e1d 9 2 2025-07-17T17:24:05+00:00 CWRU Archives Unknown mapadlce CWRU Archives Julia Teran 9aca9c408841ff28b321d7128a1e5c918a151e1dThis page is referenced by:
-
1
2025-10-24T12:04:58+00:00
Adelbert Road, 2051/2079
4
Adelbert Road, 2051/2079
plain
2025-11-25T13:12:08+00:00
1919-1927: 2079 Adelbert RoadLocation
1927-1949+: 2051 Adelbert Road
This property continued in use after 1949. Post-1949 research is not yet completed.
Cost
1919: $14,000
Occupants
?-6/1924: Park School
9/1924-1927: School of Nursing
1927-?: Construction personnel
Uses
?-6/1924: Classes
9/1924-1927: Residence
1927-?: Offices
Bought
12/1919: from F. P. Whitman Estate
Trivia
First WRU building relocatedAlterations and Modifications
Description
1924: Converted building to dormitory
Cost
$5,000 for Adelbert Road, 2051/2079 and Adelbert Road, 2087
This summary was compiled by staff of the University Archives from sources in the custody of the Archives.
Previous Building A-Z List Next Building | Previous Building Chronological List Next Building -
1
2025-10-28T17:11:13+00:00
Adelbert Road, 2087
4
Adelbert Road, 2087
plain
2025-11-25T13:46:01+00:00
1920-1927: 2087 Adelbert RoadLocation
1927-?: west side of Adelbert Road
Description
frame house
This property continued in use after 1949. Post-1949 research is not yet completed.Other Names
Annex
Bolton Dormitory
Field House
Cost
1920: $15,000?
Occupants
?-6/1924: Park School
9/1924-1927: School of Nursing
1927-?: Adelbert Physical Education Dept.
Uses
?-6/1924: Classes
9/1924-1927: Residence
1927-?: Offices
Bought
4/1920: from Delta Upsilon Chapter House Company
Trivia
Second WRU building relocatedAlterations and Modifications
Description
1924: Converted residence to dormitory
Cost
$5,000 for Adelbert Road, 2051/2079 and Adelbert, 2087Alterations and ModificationsDescription
1927: Moved building to lot behind Adelbert Gym for construction of Institute of Pathology
Cost
$5,301.26
This summary was compiled by staff of the University Archives from sources in the custody of the Archives.
Previous Building A-Z List Next Building | Previous Building Chronological List Next Building -
1
2025-10-28T16:54:56+00:00
Adelbert Road, 2057
4
Adelbert Road, 2057
plain
2025-10-28T17:03:21+00:00
2057 Adelbert RoadLocation
Description
11-room 3-story brick house with slate roof and garage, containing offices, lecture halls, labs and library
This property continued in use after 1949. Post-1949 research is not yet completed.Other Names
1938: School of Nursing
Cost
1924 purchase: $26,000
Financing
1924 purchase: Loan
Occupants
1924-1949+: School of Nursing
Uses
1924-1949+?: Offices, classes, research, library
Bought
6/1924: from Gustave and Alvina Runge
Trivia
First home of School of NursingAlterations and Modifications
Description
1924: Unspecified alterations
Cost
$37,100 (including Adelbert Road 2057, 1925 Addition)
This summary was compiled by staff of the University Archives from sources in the custody of the Archives.
Previous Building A-Z List Next Building -
1
2025-10-28T17:00:01+00:00
Adelbert Road, 2063
2
Adelbert Road, 2063
plain
2025-10-28T17:06:55+00:00
2063 Adelbert RoadLocation
Description
3-story brick house of 64,580 cubic feet
This property continued in use after 1949. Post-1949 research is not yet completed.Other Names
1927-1949+: School of Nursing
Frances Bolton House (Frances Payne Bolton, friend)
Cost
$35,000
Financing
Loan
Occupants
1927-1949+: School of Nursing
Uses
1927-1930: Residence
1931-1949+: Academic or administrative
Bought
7/1927: from Alice B. Metcalf
This summary was compiled by staff of the University Archives from sources in the custody of the Archives.
Previous Building A-Z List Next Building -
1
2025-10-28T17:04:19+00:00
Adelbert Road, 2069
2
Adelbert Road, 2069
plain
2025-10-28T17:10:20+00:00
2069 Adelbert RoadLocation
Description
3-story frame house of 39,480 cubic feet
This property continued in use after 1949. Post-1949 research is not yet completed.
Cost
$30,000
Financing
Loan
Occupants
1929-1937: ?
1938: WRU Public Information and Publicity Dept.
1939: ?
1940-1943: United States Selective Service System Local Board No. 20
1943-1949+: School of Nursing
Uses
1929-1937: ?
1938: Offices
1939: ?
1940-1943: Offices
1943-1949+: Library
Bought
2/1929: from Henry Humphreys
Leased
1940-1943: to United States Selective Service System
This summary was compiled by staff of the University Archives from sources in the custody of the Archives.
Previous Building A-Z List Next Building -
1
2025-10-28T17:07:55+00:00
Adelbert Road, 2073
2
Adelbert Road, 2073
plain
2025-10-28T17:13:53+00:00
2073 Adelbert RoadLocation
Description
3-story frame house of 48,210 cubic feet
This property continued in use after 1949. Post-1949 research is not yet completed.Other Names
Athletic House
English House
Cost
$40,000
Financing
Loan
Occupants
1929-1932: ?
1933: WRU English Dept.
1934-ca. 1936: ?
ca. 1936-1943: WRU Intercollegiate Athletics
?-1943: Adelbert College Alumni Secretary
1943-?: WRU English Dept.
1947: Zeta Beta Tau fraternity
1948-1949+: ?
Uses
1929-1932: ?
1933: Classes and offices
1934-ca. 1936: ?
ca. 1936-1943: Offices
1943-?: Academic or administrative
1947: Residence
1948-1949+: ?
Bought
1/1929: from Sigma Nu
This summary was compiled by staff of the University Archives from sources in the custody of the Archives.
Previous Building A-Z List Next Building -
1
2025-11-13T16:40:03+00:00
Pathology
2
Pathology
plain
2025-11-13T16:47:27+00:00
2085 Adelbert RoadLocation
Description
5-story plus basement, and subbasement, supported by 40 steel columns, buff brick trimmed with Indiana limestone, approximately 160x60 feet, containing chapel, offices, classrooms, museum, photo and x-ray rooms, amphitheatre, and labs
The eight profiles surrounding the main doorway are of: Julius Friedrich Cohnheim, William H. Welch, Marie Francois Zavier Bichat, Giovanni Battista Morgagni, Carl Freiheer Von Rokitinsky, John Hunter, Rudoph Virchow, and Louis Pasteur.
The motifs under the windows are from shields for six medieval guilds: Barber Surgeons of London, Physicians of London, Barber Surgeons of Edinburgh, Barber Surgeons of Brussels, Apothecaries of Nuremberg, and Medici of the Della Robbia period
This property continued in use after 1949. Post-1949 research is not yet completed.Other Names
Institute of Pathology
Pathological Laboratory
Pathological Building
Constructed
1928-1929
Architect
Abram Garfield
General Contractor
Crowell & Little
Cost
$690,536
Financing
Gift of up to $750,000 from the General Education Board
Occupants
1929-1949+: Institute of Pathology
Uses
1929-1949+: Classes, lectures, offices, research, ceremonies
Bought
Cornerstone Laying: 6/14/1928
Dedication: 10/7/1929
This summary was compiled by staff of the University Archives from sources in the custody of the Archives.
Previous Building A-Z List Next Building