Cedar Central is located at E. 30th St. between Cedar & Central Aves. in Cleveland, Ohio.
Construction began in 1933 for the Cedar Central housing complex. It was the first public housing project in Ohio. Early public housing was a very desirable option. It was designed after European garden and communal-living architectural movements championed by architects such as Le Corbusier and Walter Gropius.